Subject: FW: Nomcom 2010-2011: Timeline and Nominations Update

From: Thomas Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 04:51:35 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of NomCom Chair
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 10:49 AM
To: IETF Announcement list
Subject: Nomcom 2010-2011: Timeline and Nominations Update 

Hi Folks,

The call for nominations has been open now for just under a week and 
this is a good time for an update.  

Nominations:
------------
The nominations are arriving at a good pace and remember nominations 
remain open until October 1.  Full details on the call may be found in 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2468/

2010-2011 NomCom Timeline:
--------------------------
* Nominations period: August 27 - October 1, 2010
* Feedback collection: Starts September 7, 2010 (projected date)
* Questionnaire responses deadline: October 8, 2010
* Deliberations: October 1 - November 6, 2010
* Final deliberations and Interviews: November 7 - December 17, 2010
   o 3rd IETF: November 7-12, 2010
* Write-ups and other preparations: December 20 - January 7, 2010
* Send to confirming bodies: January 10, 2010
* Announce confirmed candidates:
   o 1st IETF: March 27 - April 1, 2011

Questionnaires
--------------
Nominees are requested to fill out the questionnaires related to their 
nomination and return them no later than October 8.  The IESG 
questionnaire is already on the NomCom wiki.  For the IAB, IAOC and 
IETF-Chair positions, the NomCom members have been updating the 
questionnaires and these will be available on the wiki in the next few 
days.  I will notify the IAB/IAOC/Chair nominees directly when their 
respective questionnaires are available.

Open List:
----------
As you already know, NomCom 2010-2011 will follow the policy for "Open 
Disclosure of Willing Nominees" described in RFC 5680. The first 
posting of the open list should be available in the next few days, 
followed by regular updates. I will send another announcement once it 
is publicly available along with a request for feedback on the 
nominees.

Feedback Collection:
--------------------
Once the open list is available, the entire community will be invited 
to provide feedback. I will send a further announcement requesting 
feedback on the nominees, describing how to submit feedback, and how to 
view the open list of nominees.  As this is dependent on the 
availability of the first posting of the open list of willing nominees, 
I am moving the projected start date for feedback from September 3 to
September 7.

Thank you,

Thomas Walsh
Chair, NomCom 2010-2011
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce