Subject: RIM to Host IETF 81 in Quebec City

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:19:50 -0700 (PDT)

The IAOC and the Internet Society are very pleased to announce that
Research In Motion (RIM) will be be the Host for IETF 81 in Quebec City.
[http://www.rim.com/]  RIM is the company behind the BlackBerry® brand,
including the recently announced Blackberry Playbook tablet.  

Quebec City Canada is the site for IETF 81 from 24 - 29 July 2011.  This
will be the first time the IETF has met in Quebec City.  The meeting will
be held at the Quebec City Conference Centre,
http://www.convention.qc.ca/tiki-index.php?page=HomePage .  

We want to thank our benefactors.  The IETF cannot support its technical
standards efforts, including the Secretariat and RFC Editor, without the
generous support of its hosts and sponsors.

We are less than 6 weeks away from IETF 79 in Beijing hosted by Tsinghua
University. 
[http://www.tsinghua.edu.cn/eng/index.jsp] Registrations are open and
operators are standing by (so to speak). Visit
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf79/ietfreg.py and join the 400 who
have already registered.

Been thinking about hosting or sponsoring a future meeting?  The meetings
calendar through 2017 [www.ietf.org/meetings/0mtg-sites.txt] shows some of
the possibilities. Just send Drew Dvorshak an email at [email-masked]
and he can walk you through the opportunity. 

Thanks again RIM!  We couldn't do it without you.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director