Subject: Abandoning draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:46:19 +0300

Folks,

the following draft was IETF LCed in July 2009.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis/

At this point, there does not seem to be interest in progressing this
draft within the SIMPLE WG any longer (this issue has been discussed on
the SIMPLE list recently). Therefore, I intend to move this draft to the
"dead" state in the ID tracker shortly. If you have any comments, please
let me know.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:57:59 +0100

> "dead" state in the ID tracker shortly. If you have any comments, please

Just wondering why (I don't recall the result of the IETF LC) but I
thought this was a useful document. (Assuming the figures are
reasonably accurate, which I don't know.)

S.

> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Gonzalo
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:16:33 -0600

> reasonably accurate, which I don't know.)

The SIMPLE WG had some discussion about raising the I-D up a level so
that it would talk about more general issues with scaling of presence
systems (instead of only SIP-based systems) and their impact on the
broader Internet. That discussion was motivated in part by the existence
of non-SIP-based presence technologies, as well as a document that I was
working on in parallel with the above-referenced I-D:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-xmpp-presence-analysis

Avshalom Houri and I had some productive discussions about how to pursue
that higher-level approach and we still think it would be good to write
such a document, but (1) IIRC the SIMPLE WG didn't think it was worth
devoting energy to that effort and (2) Avshalom and I didn't have the
cycles to work on it.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:10:23 -0600

I think this is the best thing to do. This draft would need a lot of work and there is not the energy to do that.