Subject: IPFIX and netflow timestamps

From: DESCOMBES Thierry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 11:29:00 +0200

Hello,

I am currently developing a collector NetFlow / IPFIX. I have read (and 
printed RFCs 5655, 5101, 5102 ...) and I did not understand where and 
how is defined the " Corresponding encoding specifications for types: 
dateTimeSeconds / dateTimeMilliseconds (used with types 
flowStartSysUpTime, flowEndSysUpTime, systemInitTimeMilliseconds, 
flowStartMicroseconds, flowEndMicroseconds, flowStartDeltaMicroseconds, 
flowEndDeltaMicroseconds).
I came across a post ( 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipfix/current/msg03947.html ), 
which explicitly describes a data format ... but in the RFC, I can not 
find the same information.

I am trying to decode the flow with an accuracy of one second. Is there 
a simple and standard way to do that ? (Or should I deal with the 
possible combinations with these fields ?)

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Thierry Descombes
LPSC - CNRS