Subject: FW: Nomcom 2010-2011: Open disclosure of willing nominees

From: Thomas Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:09:43 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of NomCom Chair
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 10:07 PM
To: IETF Announcement list
Subject: Nomcom 2010-2011: Open disclosure of willing nominees 

Hi Folks,

The first open disclosure of willing nominees for the IETF open positions
is now available at 
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/10/input/ 

NomCom 2010-2011 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing 
Nominees" described in RFC 5680. As stated in RFC 5680: "The list of 
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the
current NomCom cycle is not confidential".

With the exception of publicly listing willing nominees, the
confidentiality requirements of RFC 3777 remain in effect. All feedback
and NomCom deliberations will remain confidential and not disclosed. 

Here is what you need to know!

Who is listed? 
-------------- 
The names you see are only the nominees who have accepted a nomination for
one (or more) of the open IETF positions at this point in time.  Since the
Call for Nominations remains open until October 1, 2010, this list is
expected to grow.

Who is not listed? 
------------------
It is important to realize this list does not include the names of people
who have been nominated for a position and who either (a) have not
accepted a nomination or (b) may have accepted within the past 2 or 3 days
and have yet to be listed. 

How often is the list updated? 
------------------------------
The list will be updated as additional nominees indicate their willingness
to be considered. At a minimum, the list will be updated at least once a
week but more likely every few days. 

Where can you learn more about the Open List process? 
-----------------------------------------------------
First, please read RFC 5680. The answer should be in that document. 

Feedback Collection: 
--------------------
With open list availability, the entire community will be invited to
provide feedback. Feedback are confidential comments submitted to the
NomCom on the nominees which are intended to assist the NomCom in
selecting the best qualified candidate for each position.  I will announce
the opening of feedback shortly. 

Thank you,

Thomas Walsh
Chair, NomCom 2010-2011
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:13:27 +1200

> https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/10/input/ 

Now I am a little more confused. When I follow this link and use
my tools login, I find the GUI for providing confidential feedback to
NomCom, as I have seen it for the last few years. Of course that still
has to exist, and requires acceptance of the confidentiality of such
feedback. Logging in to give feedback is entirely appropriate.

But it's not the simple publication of a list, which is what 5680 added.
My expectation was that this would just be posted at http://www.ietf.org/nomcom/

    Brian