Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ogud-iana-protocol-maintenance-words (Definitions for expressing standards requirements in IANA registries.) to BCP

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:02:56 +1200

I see that this (still the same version) is "On agenda of 2010-05-06
IESG telechat", and I must say I'm a little surprised, since I counted
seven clear objections to the document and no strong supporting
comments. Also, IANA said "IANA does not understand the implications
of the IANA Actions requested." That would seem to be a problem.

I hate to say this, knowing from personal experience how hard it is
to get consensus on any such topic, but I really don't see how this
can go forward without considerable modification.

   Brian

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:24:35 -0400

There are many Last Call comments that need to be resolved, so I have
removed the document from the agenda.  I have been trying to schedule
some time with the authors to discuss the many Last Call comments.  This
has been difficult.  My schedule is overly tight right now, not the authors.

Note the document state: Waiting for AD Go-Ahead :: Revised ID Needed.

Russ