Subject: Re: [dnsext] Last Call: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-rsasha256 (Use of SHA-2 algorithms with RSA in DNSKEY and RRSIG Resource Records for DNSSEC) to Proposed Standard

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:16:37 -0400

On 2009-09-08, at 09:50, The IESG wrote:

> The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions WG (dnsext) to
> consider the following document:
>
> - 'Use of SHA-2 algorithms with RSA in DNSKEY and RRSIG Resource  
> Records
>   for DNSSEC '
>   <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-rsasha256-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard
>
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to  
> the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-09-22. Exceptionally,
> comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please
> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

I have read this document and find it clear and well-written.

I find the subject matter of this document important with respect to  
the ongoing deployment of DNSSEC, given technical and non-technical  
pressure from various organisations to avoid SHA-1.

I encourage the IESG to pass this document swiftly to the RFC editor  
for publication.

Joe