Subject: Last Call: rfc3839 (MIME Type Registrations for 3GPP Multimedia files) to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:14:44 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider 
the following document:

- 'MIME Type Registrations for 3GPP Multimedia files'
  RFC 3839 as a Historic

RFC 3839 defines the original audio/3gpp and video/3gpp MIME
media type registrations. These registrations are controlled by
3GPP, and were updated in 3GPP TS 26.244 V8.1.0
(http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/26_series/26.244/26244-810.zip)

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-10-14. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3839.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=3839&rfc_flag=1