Subject: [Fwd: Re: I-D Action:draft-klensin-iasa-policy-00.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:18:43 +1200

Forwarded here at the request of one of the authors:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: I-D Action:draft-klensin-iasa-policy-00.txt
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:10:32 +1200
From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Organization: University of Auckland
To: John Klensin <[email-masked]>,  "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>

I think I agree with this document; these are editorial
issues.

There's a sequence in section 2.1 starting with the words
"I think" that clearly needs rephrasing.

Section 3:

>    In both cases, it may be useful to think of the "bouncing back"
>    process as as an appeal from the IASA to the Stream, but an appeal
>    that is explicitly

This material appears to be duplicated just above, in slightly
different words.

> 5.  Emergency Situations
> 
>    Emergencies can and do (unfortunately) occur.  It is understood that
>    in an emergency, steps will be taken, and remedies applied.  The
>    general rule is that if the Trust acts on an emergency basis,

This surely applies to IASA as a whole, not just the Trust.

   Brian