Subject: RFID Test Class

From: psuger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:37:09 +0200

Dear colleagues,

I am a member of a lead user project planning to run real live RFID use
tests. This test intends to use the [RFC 5395] Private Use 0xFFF0, 65520
Class as "PERFID" (for Provisional Experimentation RFID) since there is no
Experimentation Classes assigned.

I wished to know if the use of that class could colide with some other
experimentation or utilization someone would run or know..
Thank you

P. Suger

---

From: Todd Glassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:56:05 -0700

psuger wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I am a member of a lead user project planning to run real live RFID 
> use tests. This test intends to use the [RFC 5395] Private Use 0xFFF0, 
> 65520 Class as "PERFID" (for Provisional Experimentation RFID) since 
> there is no Experimentation Classes assigned.
Mssr Suger
The use of RFID's to specify network locations of other controls 
*(specifically identity based on time or place - whether real, logical 
or virtual) will also likely violate the Glassey/McNeil Patent... (US 
6,370,629 - "controlling access to stored information") which the IETF 
has been notified of numerous times and while this doesnt affect the 
IETF directly is does affect your use therein.

Todd Glassey
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>