Subject: [OT] Internet / DNS Timeline (The History of the Internet DNS)

From: Joe Baptista <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:10:28 -0400

Now this is an interesting little giggle.  I made it into a DNS 
timeline.  Incredible.

http://www.inaic.com/index.php?p=internet-dns-timeline

Incidentaly and by way of reference, these are the people who once 
operated the root servers for turkey.  Now it is claimed to be 
unifiedroot - www.unifiedroot.com

regards
joe baptista

-- 
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
----------------------------------------------------------------
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive,
Representative & Accountable to the Internet community @large.
----------------------------------------------------------------
  Office: +1 (202) 517-1593
     Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:14:02 +0200

> unifiedroot - www.unifiedroot.com

Public-root, Unified-root, Pacific-root, OpenNIC, ATLD, ORSN, ORSC,  
New.Net, Cesidian-Root, ...

This reminds me about a brilliant commentary on sectarianism, present  
in Monty Python's Life of Brian, scene 7:

BRIAN:   Are you the Judean People's Front?

REG:     Fuck off!

BRIAN:   What?

REG:     Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea!  
Judean People's Front. Cawk.

FRANCIS: Wankers.

BRIAN:   Can I... join your group?

REG:     No. Piss off.

BRIAN:   I didn't want to sell this stuff. It's only a job. I hate  
the Romans as much as anybody.

PEOPLE'S FRONT OF JUDEA: Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhh. Shh. Shhhh.

REG:     Schtum.

JUDITH:  Are you sure?

BRIAN:   Oh, dead sure. I hate the Romans already.

REG:     Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have  
to really hate the Romans.

BRIAN:   I do!

REG:     Oh, yeah? How much?

BRIAN:   A lot!

REG:     Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than  
the Romans are the fucking Judean People's Front.

P.F.J.:  Yeah...

JUDITH:  Splitters.

P.F.J.:  Splitters...

FRANCIS: And the Judean Popular People's Front.

P.F.J.:  Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

LORETTA: And the People's Front of Judea.

P.F.J.:  Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

REG:     What?

LORETTA: The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.

REG:     We're the People's Front of Judea!

LORETTA: Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.

REG:     People's Front! C-huh.

FRANCIS: Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?

REG:     He's over there.

P.F.J.:  Splitter!

---

From: Joe Baptista <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:58:07 -0400

> in Monty Python's Life of Brian, scene 7:

Roy, If you think those names are interesting then check out the home 
page at www.publicroot.org - multinationals have invested in this.  So 
have mom and pop operations.  The whole thing hoever is a bit of a house 
of cards.  Much worse then the Monty Python skit.  Alot of lessons in 
this one.  Check out www.tlda.org for more.

cheers
joe baptista

---

From: Ofer Inbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:03:55 -0400

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 10:10:28AM -0400,
> http://www.inaic.com/index.php?p=internet-dns-timeline

... a timeline of the DNS that documents the teeniest details, but
leaves out the edu.com disaster?  Huh.
  -- Cos