Subject: Re: spam

From: "J. Noel Chiappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:07:44 -0400

> From: "Anthony Atkielski" <[email-masked]>

    > Once you are charging for e-mail, it's only a matter of time before you
    > are charging for everything. Instead of having free access to the
    > entire net for $9 a month, you'll have paying access for $190 in
    > itemized billing each month, depending on exactly what you do and how
    > much you do it.

This is such an incredibly lame argument I shouldn't need to refute it, but
for the benefit of those who actually believe this ludicrous claim, I will
point out that this is akin to saying:

  If toll roads exist, it's only a matter of time before you are charging for
  driving anywhere. Instead of having free access to the entire road network,
  you'll have paying access for $XXX in itemized billing each month,
  depending on exactly what you do and how much you do it.

Needless to say, toll roads exist, but billed road use doesn't.

	Noel

---

From: "Anthony Atkielski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 01:54:56 +0200

J. Noel writes:

> This is such an incredibly lame argument I
> shouldn't need to refute it ...

Famous last words.

> Needless to say, toll roads exist, but billed road

Some truckers might disagree.

---

From: "Christian de Larrinaga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:39:23 +0100

Noel Chiappa wrote...

> Needless to say, toll roads exist, but billed road use doesn't.

It does in London.

Christian de Larrinaga

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:47:10 +0100 (BST)

> > Needless to say, toll roads exist, but billed road use doesn't.

and congestion charging apart, how do you think road building and
maintenance is paid for? tax.

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>

---

From: "Tomson Eric \(Yahoo.fr\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:55:20 +0200

You must pay to drive on a highway in France, on a per-segment basis.
You must buy a voucher to use highways in Switzerland, on a per-year basis.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Christian de Larrinaga
Sent: mardi 27 mai 2003 10:39
To: J. Noel Chiappa; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: spam

Noel Chiappa wrote...

It does in London.

Christian de Larrinaga