Subject: Multi-services network

From: "Constantine Protopapas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:28:59 +0300

I am in the designing stage for a multiservice network integrating real-time
data (Real Audio, stock exchange data), voice (in the near future) and
Internet services (e-mail, FTP, http etc.). I would like to get some
opinions and feedback from you based on your experience. More to the point,
I am looking of possible ways to achieve end-to-end QoS. Since I am not
budget-constrained, I look for the best possible solution. I am thinking of
using ATM at the core/backbone and TCP/IP on the edge. Conversely, I could
use an all-IP environment, but I don't know if QoS can be implemented
adequately for the applications required. The reason for this posting is to
ask about the different technologies involved, especially in the QoS area.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation and assistance.

Constantine Protopapas
Systems/Network Engineer
Wiztech Internet Consulting
e-mail:	[email-masked]
Tel:	++301-6801391

---- STOP THE WAR IN YUGOSLAVIA ----