Subject: IETF Oslo hotel

From: "Ole J. Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:22:23 -0700 (PDT)

I called the Oslo Radisson SAS Plaza hotel last weekend and they asked me
to call back on Monday. Apparently, the reservation office which handles
meetings is only open on weekdays. Something to keep in mind when you make
your reservations.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen 
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal
Tel: +1 408-527-8972
e-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

VP for Chapters, The Internet Society.
See you @ INET'99, San Jose, CA, June 22-25. http://www.isoc.org/inet99/

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:40:43 -0400

>meetings is only open on weekdays. Something to keep in mind when you make

One bit of additional information I discovered was that the reservation
office is only open 9am-6pm Oslo time.  Every time I called in the
morning the office was very busy and wasn't answering the phone, so I
stayed up until 3am (EST) to catch the office when it opened.

--Ken

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:40:43 -0400

--Ken

---

From: "Fruitbat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:54:40 +0100

Surprising that it may seem to some, technology has made it as far as Europe
and its environs, and the Radisson SAS Plaza does, have a fax machine.

If you want to make a reservation outside Scandinavian business hours, you
might like to try faxing them the details on +47 22 17 73 00.

Regards,

Fruitbat

---

From: "Fruitbat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:54:40 +0100

Regards,

Fruitbat

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:00:58 -0500

> morning the office was very busy and wasn't answering the phone, ...

I think we're going to make an impact on this hotel!

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:00:58 -0500

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:48:25 -0400

>and its environs, and the Radisson SAS Plaza does, have a fax machine.

I knew that, honest ... it's just that for things like hotel reservations,
I really prefer to speak to a human.  I guess I'm weird that way.

(I suppose it's worth pointing out that for me, staying up until 3am isn't
that much of a hardship :-) ).

--Ken

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:48:25 -0400

--Ken

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:19:24 -0700

>might like to try faxing them the details on +47 22 17 73 00.

Test this, works fine. As validation, they simply stamp your fax and add a 
confirmation number and fax it back to you.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:19:24 -0700

--Paul Hoffman, Director