Subject: Tutorials by Sanjoy Paul at ICMCS99

From: Enrico Vicario <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:54:49 +0200

dear colleague,

as you know, ICMCS99 (the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia
Computing and Systems) will take place in Florence in the week june 7-11,
1999. 

The opening day of the conference, june 7 (monday), is entirely devoted to
TUTORIALS given by some of the major international scientists and researchers.

Considering your specific area of activity, I would like to draw your
attention on the tutorial given by SANJOY PAUL from Bell Labs entitled:
"MULTICASTING ON THE INTERNET AND ITS APPLICATIONS TO MULTIMEDIA" (code
T3A+T3B).

Would you be interested in that, please fill up the form enclosed in the
tail of this message and send it back to me by april 30. 

The full program of the tutorials and the conference is available at
http://www.dsi.unifi.it/~icmcs99 .

Looking forward to see you in Florence
I send you my best regards

Enrico Vicario
IEEE ICMCS99 Tutorial Chair

-------------------------------------
IEEE ICMCS99 International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems
1999 TUTORIALS REGISTRATION FORM

1) HALF DAY TUTORIALS FEES:
						ADVANCE REGISTRATION	
					(until april 15, 1999)
Ph.D. Students, Students				ITL 250.000
IEEE Member				 		ITL 320.000	 
Non-IEEE Member					ITL 440.000

2) SELECTED TUTORIALS (*):
Insert codes of tutorials you will attend (____) (____)
The full list of titles is in the tail of this message.

(*) We reserve the right to cancel a tutorial due to insufficient
participation or other unforeseeable problem. People registered to a
cancelled tutorial will be fully refunded with no processing fee.

3) REGISTRATION INFORMATION: 
Mark one    (__) Dr.  (__) Prof.  (__) Mr.  (__) Ms.  (__) Mrs.

Name:______________________________________________________________________
     Last                     First                       Middle Initials

Affiliation:_______________________________________________________________

            _______________________________________________________________

IEEE Membership Number:____________________________________________________

Address:___________________________________________________________________

City:_____________________________________ State: ________Zip Code:________

Country:___________________________________________________________________

Telephone no.:________________________ Fax no.:____________________________

E-mail:____________________________________________________________________

Mailing lists:

      (__) do not include my personal data in a published list of attendees

      (__) do not include my personal data in a non-society mailing list

---------------------------
ICMCS99 - TUTORIALS PROGRAM

T3A
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Multicasting on the Internet and its Applications to Multimedia - Part I"
Sanjoy Paul.
T3B
"Multicasting on the Internet and its Applications to Multimedia - Part II"
Sanjoy Paul.

T5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scheduling for Multimedia applications," A.L.Narasimha Reddy.

T22
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mpeg-7: Concepts, Terminology and Requirements," F.Nack, A.Steinmetz,
W.Kriechbaum.

T21
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Design and Analysis of Real Time and Multimedia Systems," A.M.K.Cheng.

T14
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Intelligent Multimedia," M.T. Maybury.

T24A
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Model-based design of On-line and Off-line Multimedia Applications - Part
I DESIGN," F.Garzotto, P.Paolini.
T24B
"Model-based evaluation of On-line and Off-line Multimedia Applications -
Part II EVALUATION," M.F.Costabile, F.Garzotto, M.Matera.

T13
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Advanced System Support for Electronic Business on Internet, with Emphasis
on Industrial Case Studies," V.M.Milutinovic.

T17
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Delivering Interactive Services over Digital TV (DTV) Infrastructure,"
M.Milenkovic 

T27
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Image Search Engines," A.Smeulders, T.Gevers.

T10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Indexing and Data Mining in Traditional and Multimedia Databases,"
C.Faloutsos.